Thursday, March 12, 2009

STAR FISH ON GREEN TURTLE CAY

Jenny (from Lady) and I were on the hunt for sand dollars at Gillam Bay at Green Turtle Cay, Abacos, Bahamas, and look what we found! I never saw star fish as large or as beautiful as these until we reached the Bahamas (the first time was in the Jumentos). We also found a different kind of star fish. I told Jenny that we had caught an Asterisk.
Jenny is not from Florida, so she didn't understand. In any event, we were also rewarded with lots of sand dollars. The trick is to go at low tide so you can walk far out into the water. Jenny's husband, Charlie, and Craig, were good sports to tag along with us for the entire walk, which took several hours.

The next day we went over to an island we saw from Gillam Bay (we dubbed it "Gilligan's Island).

While Charlie and Craig went snorkeling, Jenny and I went on the hunt again, this time finding sea biscuits. This may all sound quite boring and redundant (I was back out to Gillam Bay a day later with Jodi (from Jay Sea Dee) when Jay Sea Dee joined us in the anchorage), and I had just as much fun. I never realized how very relaxing it is to walk along the beach, especially when the tide is low, the water is clear and calm, the sun is shining, and we're with good friends. Could I do it day in and day out? ... I'd be willing to give it a try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!